I am honored that as a new blogger I was nominated for this award by cjohera at https://cjohera.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/leibster-award/
There are a few rules for the award, just like any other award.
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked of you by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same.
4. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I am a teacher, currently teaching primary school Art and Cooking.
2. I love art but I don’t love cooking.
3. I live with my son who is 22.
4. I enjoy using my iPad in bed or on the couch.
5. I have a Masters in Education.
6. I was married for 15 years.
7. I lived in North Carolina for 2 years where I taught elementary school.
8. I love vintage and retro furniture and decorative items and have them all over my house.
9. I love to go to auctions and markets and swap meets to buy second hand stuff.
10. My favourite colour is red.
11. I have two chronic illnesses.
Answers to the questions I was given:
1. What is your favorite book and why?
Guess How Much I Love You, a children’s picture book. It depicts how I feel about my son and we used to read it together when he was little.
2. If you could go back to a certain period in your life, when would it be?
When I was married and I was unwell, that should have been dealt with differently.
3. What do you do to relax and unwind?
Watch tv or read on my iPad.
4. If you could jump into any movie, what would it be?
Thelma and Louise. I want to do that!
5. What do you do when you are stressed to the max?
6. How do you spend your holidays?
Travelling somewhere, looking at second hand shops, going to markets.
7. What is your favorite animal and why?
My dog, she is lovely and gentle even though she is so big and has a scary woof.
8. What is the most rewarding thing you have ever done for someone or a group of people?
I get this feeling all the time when I teach and I see the children connect with what we are doing.
9. If you won the lottery, what would you do with it?
Buy a house near the ocean and become an artist and writer.
10. Do you believe in destiny or fate?
Yes, everything happens for a reason.
11. What is the career of your dreams?
Teaching is a dream career, but being an artist and writer appeals to me right now.
My Questions to My Nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What has surprised you most about blogging?
3. If you could change one thing about your current life what would it be?
4. What is one special thing from your childhood that you treasure?
5. What do you do to take your mind off your troubles?
6. If you could live in any country in the world, where would you go and why?
7. If you had a time machine, what time period would you travel to and where?
8. What is one of your favourite things to do and why?
9. When you go to the shopping centre, what is your favourite shop to visit and just get absorbed in?
10. If you happened to be stranded on an island with just one small backpack, what would you absolutely have to have in it?
11. If you could have a super-power what would it be and why?